Day 6 Three Poems: 1 the busyness of life; 2 so much little time; 3 the question of busyness

 Poem 1 Day 6: the busyness of life
 
the busyness of every day is causing me to ponder
the ups and downs of task demands that drain my time away
to do to do or not to do how can I make a choice
all seems important yet I say my time is more than this
the things I do I do for who or what or when or why
the list is not my life I think no rhyme or reason why
priority is now my guide I’ve learned my lesson well
wisdom in choosing’s now my rule with heart and soul and mind
if heart and soul and mind come first then this will be the way
and peace and heath will reign sublime and life will be okay.
 
the busyness
the ups and downs
to do or not to do
all seems important
the things I do
the list is not my life
priority is now my guide
wisdom in choosing
if heart and soul and mind
and peace and health will reign.
 
by Penelope Olive


Poem 2 Day 6: so much little time

so much to do with so little time
little time can bring much treasure
much treasure too can bring sad woes
sad woes of envy and stress and strife
stress and strife that no one needs
that no one desires to live in life
to live in life…ah there’s the rub
ah there’s the rub!
 
so much
little time
much treasure
sad woes of
stress and strife
that no one desires
to live in life…
ah there’s the rub!
 
by Penelope Olive
 
 
Poem 3 Day 6: the question of busyness
 
the question of busyness: not enough time or too much investment?
much investment has to do for some subtle reason with caring and concern
caring and concern need be examined to ensure a healthy balance
a healthy balance is a good starting point in perusing time and energy
time and energy are precious commodities in life for the question of busyness
the question of busyness: not enough time or too much investment?
 
the question of busyness?
too much investment?
caring and concern?
a healthy balance?
time and energy?
the question of busyness?
 
by Penelope Olive

Prompt today: write a variation of an acrostic poem

Comments