Day 28 Poem: a rose

                                                                                                                       a rose
 
roses hold a
s
pecial place in my
heart; they hold me
aning
promise and hope; saint
Therese de Lisieux promised
to send roses from heaven
as a sign of "spending
Heaven by doing
good
on

earth,
of

letting fall from Heaven
a Shower of Roses",

so I
pray,
and I
look,
and
I

see coming to me, an armful once, a single rose too
on another day, and also a red rosary circle
of roses, from a friend, all signs that
my prayers and desires

for
loved
ones
and
friends, are heard and treasured
above, and
I
know
I
am
not
alone

in my struggles, but well accompanied.

 

Penelope Olive

Prompt for today: a concrete poem, a poem whose shape mimics its topic.

Comments