Day 8 Poems: encounter with Mary; a contemplative in action

 

Day 8 Poem: encounter with Mary

I get all wrapped up
in the veils
of my Mother's presence.
I hear the swooshing
of her garments
As she passes me by.
I feel the hems
of her garments
brushing over my feet.
She also is near
and comes to help me,
puts her hand
on my breastbone,
and speaks gently to my heart.
I am her child
And she is my mother.
Thanks be to God
for this indescribable gift.
Amen.

by Penelope Olive
The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola
Three Part Colloquy [62]


Day 8 Poem: a contemplative in action

My alter ego my inner child, a contemplative in action
this experience this poem, a fruit of contemplation
corporal works and spiritual works, and service to others
in healing and journaling, and in teaching and learning
through silence and listening, and through discerning
herein lie the fruit and the grace, of a life of deep prayer.
Penelope Olive

Prompt today: describe my alter ego

Comments